Business Developer / Project Manager
Weather Impact is a Dutch company, specialised in weather & climate services and consultancy. We work all over the world, delivering services to the agricultural and business sectors. Our innovative tools allow clients to minimize weather and climate impact and take effective decisions, minimising risk. We are experts of data management, analytics and algorithm development and we provide localised weather forecasting and alerting services of extreme weather. Within the domain of climate change we provide consultancy services, based on historic data and long-term forecasts. Weather Impact offers an inspiring working environment where taking initiative and creativity is appreciated, where you get challenging assignments, with plenty of room for personal growth and development.
Who are we looking for?
An enthusiastic fulltime co-worker who maintains and expands our professional network of clients and partners, who knows how to acquire new projects and who is able to manage innovative projects in the fields of operational weather services and climate change. You should have:
- Experience with international business development and project management
- Academic degree in either meteorology, physics or related science OR
international business, business economics, or related science.
- Excellent communication skills in English (preferably also in French)
- Knowledge of coding and scripting (e.g. in Python) would be a plus
- Experience with grant proposal writing would be a plus
- Good coordination and management skills
- Result-oriented attitude
- Structured approach to problem solving
- Flexible and entrepreneurial spirit
- Working well both in a team and independently.
You will maintain and expand the client and partner network of the company, recognize opportunities for new assignments and convert them into contracts with clients. Together with the team you will be working as a project manager on national and international projects.
For more information about Weather Impact, check www.weatherimpact.com. If you are interested in this job, please contact Gerrit Hiemstra at +31(0)620131210 and/or send your application letter with CV to email@example.com.
*vacancy adjusted on 8 February 2021