Weather Impact provides agribusinesses with easy to access, reliable weather and climate information. Our mission is to optimize global food production and support climate adaptation. Our services are flexible, tailor-made, and available in various languages across Africa, Asia and Europe. Right now over 800,000 farmers receive weather forecasts and farm management advisories directly on their mobile phones, either via simple text messages or mobile phone application.
Our accurate weather alerts, seasonal forecasts and climate risk analyses supports stakeholders in the agricultural sector and strengthens their resilience in a changing climate. Reliable local weather data reduces losses and helps optimize global food production.
We partner with various private companies, NGO’s, Research institutes and National Meteorological Agencies to reach farmers in the last mile with crucial weather and climate information. By helping local partners to build up capacity and give them the needed training, we contribute to the usability and legacy of the service, which creates real added value.
- “There is a real need for operational decision support tools to reduce weather and climate related risks in agribusiness”Obed Phahlane, researcher at the Agricultural Research Council
- "A rare set of tools. Intentional use of such would take Lesotho's Agricultural sector to higher heights"Training participant in Lesotho
- “The weather forecasted helped me to reduce the risk of post-harvest losses. When I saw the rain forecast, I hired additional labour to get my harvest safely from the field before the rain came.”Mr. Gurshaw Yilma, mixed farmer in Ethiopia
- “I shared the weather forecast with my colleagues. Some of them thought that I intervened with God’s work. This information is very useful for farmers, so I hope it will be available for others.”Mr. Yelale, sesame farmer in Ethiopia
- “Weather-team; you are spot-on!”George, extension officer from Sugar Research Institute, Kenya
- “The weather forecast in Kirundi is very accurate, especially the rainfall predictions"Mr. Nabomenyereye Telesphore, mixed farmer in Burundi
- "Now farmers have a service that can tell how their crops are, how the weather is likely to behave and what the next step in their farming business should be"Coffee management group, Kenya
- Digital Climate Advisory Services (DCAS) training Southern Africa Coming up; two-day training event on Digital Climate Advisory Services (DCAS) to support climate resilience fo...
- Bundling crop insurance and weather information to reduce agricultural loss in Mali Weather Impact has joined a partnership with OKO Finance and Georg-August-Universität Göttingen to prov...
- Celebrating 5 years of collaboration with Villagelink We are grateful for five successful years of collaboration between Weather Impact and Village Link since 2018....
Our mission is to deliver high-quality weather and climate services to optimize global food productivity and support climate adaptation
Where we are active
Weather Impact is currently active in the following countries. Click on a marker for more information.