Bangladesh S2S forecast
Weather Impact is working on a project to operationalize seasonal to sub seasonal weather information for Bangladesh Meteorological Department. This forecast is issued each Sunday, and is valid for 4 weeks.
This webpage displays a forecast for the coming week (week1), a forecast for one week from now(week2) and an outlook for the rest of the month (week3+4), which is updated every week.
The following three parameters are visualized:
- T max: the maximum temperature in °C
- T min: the minimum temperature in °C
- P amount: the total precipitation amount over the period in mm
For each variable three displays of the forecast are available:
- Deterministic forecast, which is the average value of several members
- Forecast anomaly, which is how much the value deviates from the climatology for that week
- P Probabilistic forecast, which displays whether the value is below normal(BN), near normal (NN), or above normal (AN), compared to the climatology and what the chance is that this is correct (confidence in %)
Week 1 (Period: 17.03.2023 to 23.03.2023)
Week 2 (Period: 24.03.2023 to 30.03.2023)
Week 3+4 (Period: 31.03.2023 to 13.04.2023)
Jointly prepared by BMD, DAE, Weather Impact-Netherlands, Wageningen Environmental Research and Digital Innovation for Impact (Dii-Dhaka) under BWCSRP (Component-C), supported by World Bank